Make your vacation different with an Art Stay Experience
Booking period: now till 30 June 2021.
Stay period: now till 30 June 2021.
Kuala Sepetang is a coastal fishing town that is just 30 minutes away from Taiping. It’s a town richly endowed by nature, famous for its charcoal kilns, mangrove swamp, seafood and much more! Besides, it’s also a town varied with culture and histories. Interesting fact: Kuala Sepetang is the town where the first railway was built during the British Colonial era. Enjoy a leisure day in Kuala Sepetang, experience the simple lifestyle, have a taste of the local food, and watch eagle soar during sunset guided by local guide.
The Happy 8 Retreat, A Heritage & Cultural Hotel that uses local resources as building materials, refurbish, to give it a new life. Every piece of deco’s is handmade & crafted. It is very environment friendly and provides the brand-new sensation of tropical type of luxurious relaxing experience to our customers. For instance, in The Happy 8 you can even shower in the rain if you are lucky to stay there during rainy season. If you are looking for something different from commercialized hotels, then you should not miss out this inspiring place.
Day 1: Meeting place: In front of Kuala Sepetang Police Station
3:50 pm History of first railway in Peninsular Malaysia back to 1883
4.00 pm Tour to the fisherman village. Guest will know about their houses, boats, and their way of life. Stop over a fish farm to feed fish, puffer fish, horseshoe crab and archer fish. Birds watching and Eagle Sighting
5.00 pm Tour to the mangrove forest. Guest will know about their special adaptation to the salty water and mud.
On how they protect the coastline and their economic value. Birds, dolphins (on luck), eagles
6.00 pm Diner at Kuala Sepetang Xin Seafood Restaurant @ Tepi Sungai Seafood Restaurant own expenses
7.30 pm Slide show about fireflies.
8.00 pm Enjoy the fascinating fireflies display.
9.00 pm End of trip. Returns to original departure point.
Day 2: Meeting place at Chaco
1000 am Visit to the Charcoal Factory
1030 am Walking tour at Matang Mangrove Forest Reserve
1200 pm End of trip. Returns to original departure point.
- 1-night accommodation at The Happy 8 Retreat, Kuala Sepetang
- Boat cruise, fish farm visit and eagle sighting tour
- Mangrove Firefly Tour
- Charcoal Factory
- Tour of Matang Mangroves Eco Park
- Gratuities for guide
- Food and beverage
- Personal expenses
SAFE TRAVEL MANAGEMENT
It is compulsory to check in on the MySejahtera app and temperature checking before proceeding on the tour. Social distancing rules to be followed according the guidelines of the Ministry of Health of Malaysia.
Room Type, Bedding & Extra Bed Policy
- Charcoal Family Room = 1 queen bed + 2 single bed on top bunk – No Balcony / No Window
- Dolphin Family Room = 1 queen bed + 2 single bed on top bunk – Balcony Village View
- Eagle Family Room = 1 queen bed + 2 single bed on top bunk – Balcony Sea View
- Maximum per room 2 adults and 2 children below 11 years old or 4 adults
- Guests aged 11+ are considered as adults.
Check-in & Check out
- Standard hotel check-in after 3:00 PM
- Standard hotel check-out time latest 12:00 PM
TERMS & CONDITIONS :
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps.
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible.
- This experience requires good weather. If it is cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Things to carry:
- Insect repellent.
- Book period no later than 30th June 2021
- Stay period no later than 30th June 2021.
- Package is applicable for weekday and weekend, subject to availability.
- Once the booking is confirmed prepayment is required to guarantee the booking. Otherwise, The Traveller Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. Reserves the right to cancel the booking without prior notice.
- This offer is not applicable for third person stay. The 3rd person will be charged based on the hotel policy on extra bed and breakfast.
The terms and condition is subject to change without prior notice.
- Non-Refundable, free amendment travel date within the stay period.
- Reservation is amendable for travelling date or guest name only. It is non-cancellable and non-refundable.
- The amendment for travelling date maximum up to three (3) times, within Three (3) months from the 1st original traveling date. The amendment date must within the stay period and subject to the availability.
- For any booking amendments, please contact our customer service to reschedule at least 10 days in advance prior to the original travel date.
- 100% cancellation charges will be applied for any cancellation made less than 7 days to the arrival date
- This is non-refundable, should there be a case of no show
The Happy 8 Retreat @ Kuala Sepetang Taiping
Kampung Kuala Sepetang, 34650 Kuala Sepetang, Perak
Image credit: http://www.thehappy8.com.my/Happy8Home