This trek will take you to the summit of Mount Matchincang with altitude of 701M above sea level. Visit the stunning weathered limestone & ancient sandstone formations , the first land in what is now SE Asia to emerge from the oceans 550 million years ago and see the unique flora and fauna it supports.
It is a fairly easy trail and take about 2 hours hike to the top. However, it does required high fitness level.
Guide will share his knowledge on Langkawi’s flora and fauna on the way. We hope to see the wildlife that co-habitat this environment such as birds, butterflies and monkeys. At the top we will be rewarded with the wonderful view of the island from the summit.
On the way back to the base of Mount Matchincang, we will stop at one of the jungle stream for a refreshing swim.
- Hiking on the oldest rock formation in Malaysia
- Walk into Heath Forest and its climate
- Enjoy the Stunning Panoramic View of Langkawi Island from the Top.
- Reach the altitude of 701 above sea level
NEED TO KNOW
- Fitness Level : Above average with hilly terrain and some gradient
- Not recommended for children
- Tour Duration : approximately 4-5 hours (subject on your fitness level)
- Meeting point is at 7 WELLS WATERFALL by 8:15am (transfer can be arranged with additional RM30 per person)
- Recommended Attire : Long sleeve shirts, long pants, change of clothes, covered shoes or sport shoes, sweater and raincoat, mosquito repellent, water and snacks. *Trail is quite steep, there might be fallen trees on the trail and many sharp grass, we strongly recommended to wear long pants*
- English-Speaking Nature Guide
- Bottled water, snack and coffee
- Gratuities for guide
- Food and beverage
- Personal expenses
- Hotel transfers (please contact our travel designers should you require a quote for hotel transfer)
SAFE TRAVEL MANAGEMENT
It is compulsory to check in on the MySejahtera app and temperature checking before proceeding on the tour. Social distancing rules to be followed according the guidelines of the Mnistry of Health of Malaysia.
TERMS & CONDITIONS :
- This offer is applicable to all nationality
- Bookings is made available up to 03 days before the actual date of tour.
- This tour is open for booking for weekday and weekend, subject to availability
- Once the booking is confirmed prepayment is required to guarantee the booking. Otherwise The Traveller Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. Reserves the right to cancel the booking without prior notice.
The terms and condition is subject to change without prior notice.
- A 100% cancellation charge is applicable it is made between 24 hours from the date of the tour booked. There will be no refund on the payment made.
- If there is a No Show on the day of the tour, there will be no refund for the tour.
- Cancellation of tour by the tour operator : In the event of poor weather conditions, or other circumstances beyond the tour operator’s control, and when safe and smooth tour operation according to the itinerary specified has become impossible, the Tour Operator (Jungle Walla), will then reschedule the tour or cancel the tour if the guest is unable to reschedule.
Image credit : Junglewalla