The Habitat Penang Hill provides the most authentic, diverse and educational Malaysian rainforest experience. Reconnect with nature in its purest form as you immerse yourself in our 130-million year old rainforest. Starting at the forest floor, our Naturalists will take you on a journey along our Nature Trail to explore the myriad of flora and fauna – plants, trees, insects, birds, reptiles, and mammals that call The Habitat home. Explore the biodiversity of the rainforest canopy on our 230m Langur Way Canopy Walk. Visit Curtis Crest Tree Top Walk at the top of Penang Hill, and embrace the 360-degree panoramic views of Penang Island from the highest viewing point of Penang.
The most educational rainforest experience in Malaysia thru a guided walk by Habitat Naturalists
- Learn more about Penang Hill's biodiversity, wildlife and history
- Walk the trail with naturalist
- 1.6km trail was initially developed by the British East India Company in the early 1880s. The trail doubles up as an irrigation pathway, which is still in use till today.
- There are host of flora and fauna that are discoverable along the trail, some of which are endemic to Penang Island.
- You will lead by experienced naturalist at designated location inside the nature trail.
- Curtis Crest Tree Top Walk
- The highest accessible lookout point in Penang at 830 meters above sea level.
- Unlock views spanning from the south to the northern most tip of Penang.
- On fair weather days, spot Gunung Jerai (higher peak in the neighbouring state of Keday - 78lm straight line distance) and Pulau Langkawi 103km straight line distance.
- Langur way canopy walk
- The longest double stressed ribbon bridge in the world and the only one of its kind in a rainforest.
- Sits 40 meters above the forest floor at the canopy layer of the rainforest, where over 50% of animals live.
NEED TO KNOW
- Minimum number of guests for tour to commence : 02 (should the minimum number of guests not met on the requested date, the organizer will have discretion whether to operate the tour or provide an alternative date & time where the tour will be operating)
- Fitness Level : Easy
- Tour Duration : approximately 1.5- 2 hours
- Meeting point : Penang Hill (Bukit Bendera)
- Recommended Attire : Hat, Long sleeves shirts, short or Long pants, Sports Shoes and sun protection
- Park Operating hours : Daily 9:00am – 7:00pm (Last Entry : 5:00pm | Exit by 7:00pm)
- Full guided walk by The Habitat Naturalist
- Gratuities for guide
- Food and beverage
- Hotel transfers (kindly inform our travel designers should you require a quote for hotel transfer)
- Penang Hill Furnicular Train Return Transfer
- Personal expenses
SAFE TRAVEL MANAGEMENT
It is compulsory to check in on the MySejahtera app and temperature checking before proceeding on the tour. Social distancing rules to be followed according the guidelines of the Ministry of Health of Malaysia.
TERMS & CONDITIONS :
- This offer is applicable to all nationality
- Bookings is made available up to 04 days before the actual date of tour.
- This tour is open for booking for weekday and weekend, subject to availability
- Senior Citizens are individuals aged 60 and above at time of entry
- Students are individuals that are currently enrolled in an education institution and can produce a valid student ID
- Children are individuals aged between 4-17 years of age at tie of entry
- Children aged 3 and below enter for free
- Once the booking is confirmed prepayment is required to guarantee the booking. Otherwise The Traveller Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. Reserves the right to cancel the booking without prior notice.
The terms and condition is subject to change without prior notice.
- A 100% cancellation charge is applicable it is made between 72 hours from the date of the tour booked. There will be no refund on the payment made.
- If there is a No Show on the day of the tour, there will be no refund for the tour.
- Cancellation of tour by the tour operator : In the event of poor weather conditions, or other circumstances beyond the tour operator’s control, and when safe and smooth tour operation according to the itinerary specified has become impossible, the Tour Operator (The Habitat Penang), will then reschedule the tour or cancel the tour if the guest is unable to reschedule.
Image credit : The Habitat Penang Hill