Sedili is a typical fishing village located a mere 35 minutes drive from Desaru Coast. The tour begins with a boat cruise that covers 3 distinct vegetation belts that changes from rich mangrove forest , Nypa swamp, Putat and Pandanus belt before finally reaching the freshwater swamp where the endangered Water Trumpet can be found. Along the way your naturalist guide will spot interesting wildlife that call Sedili home.
The mudflats are teaming with life such as fiddler crabs, molluscs, kingfishers as well as migratory birds feeding on the beaches and if we are very lucky a family of otters playing in the river.
The livelihood of the local community are connected to both the wetlands and the sea. Fishing is a major part of their daily lives. Leaves and plant extracts from the trees are used as local resources in infrastructural, medicinal and cultural aspects of their lives.
We end our tour with a short drive up a cliff location for some light refreshments and stunning views of the South China Sea. Join your guide on an interesting tour and learn about this amazing wetland and its people.
NEED TO KNOW
- Theme: Educational. A river cruise along Selidi Wetland
- Minimum of guest for tour to commence : 2
- Location: Kampong Belukar Durian
- Distance from Desaru: Approximately 45.2km
- Duration to Site: 45 minutes
- Meeting point: Desaru Coast
- Age: All age groups
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Tour Duration : approximately 4 hours
- Recommended Attire : Hat, T-shirt, shorts or long pants, sun protection, covered shoes or sport shoes and towel. To ensure to bring a dry bag for camera and phone
- English-Speaking Nature Guide
- Transfer from Desaru Coast
- 1 bottled water
- Gratuities for guide
- Food and beverage
- Personal expenses
SAFE TRAVEL MANAGEMENT
It is compulsory to check in on the MySejahtera app and temperature checking before proceeding on the tour. Social distancing rules to be followed according the guidelines of the Mnistry of Health of Malaysia.
TERMS & CONDITIONS :
- This offer is applicable to all nationality
- Bookings is made available up to 03 days before the actual date of tour.
- This tour is open for booking for weekday and weekend, subject to availability
- Once the booking is confirmed prepayment is required to guarantee the booking. Otherwise The Traveller Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. Reserves the right to cancel the booking without prior notice.
The terms and condition is subject to change without prior notice.
- A 100% cancellation charge is applicable it is made between 24 hours from the date of the tour booked. There will be no refund on the payment made.
- If there is a No Show on the day of the tour, there will be no refund for the tour.
- Cancellation of tour by the tour operator : In the event of poor weather conditions, or other circumstances beyond the tour operator’s control, and when safe and smooth tour operation according to the itinerary specified has become impossible, the Tour Operator (Jungle Walla), will then reschedule the tour or cancel the tour if the guest is unable to reschedule.
Image credit : Junglewalla